WP_query using meta_query for an ACF checkbox field

Problem : WP_query using meta_query for an ACF checkbox field

I’m using WP_Query to show a list of results. I want to filter these based on an ACF checkbox field. I think that I’m getting muddled up with how to correctly parse the ‘value’ array from my ACF field.

Below solution helped me.

Soution code for : WP_query using meta_query for an ACF checkbox field

// Get the selected options
$my_acf_checkbox_field_arr = get_field('my_checkbox'); // OR  $my_acf_checkbox_field_arr =array('checkbox-value1','checkbox-value2');

// Build the meta query based on the selected options
$meta_query = array('relation' => 'OR');
foreach( $my_acf_checkbox_field_arr as $item ){
    $meta_query[] = array(
        'key'     => 'checkbox',
        'value'   => $item,
        'compare' => 'LIKE',
    );
}

// args
$args = array(
 'numberposts' => -1,
 'post_type'  => 'my-cpt',
 'meta_query' => $meta_query,
);

$the_query = new WP_Query( $args );

No comments:

Post a Comment